Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: avr-gcc-4.0.0 for Win (Jurek Szczesiul)

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: avr-gcc-4.0.0 for Win (Jurek Szczesiul)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:41:27 +0200 (MET DST)

"Jurek Szczesiul" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Then, perhaps Joerg's binutils elfcoff patch
> will be still continued ?

I have to see how much work it will be to update the patch for
binutils 2.16.  As AVR-COFF is definately a dead end (and I guess not
even Atmel is willing to spend too much time into the AVR Studio
counterpart of COFF anymore), I'm not eager to spend too much work
into it.  I know that at least VMLAB still requires COFF, and I know
in particular of the > 64 KB DWARF-2 issue, so if it can be done with
limited effort, I'll do it -- but I don't make any promises.

I think it would be much better to spend developer's effort into
resolving the GCC-related DWARF-2 issues instead.