Re: [avr-gcc-list] FIXED - with Strings and Serial I/O

From: User Tomdean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] FIXED - with Strings and Serial I/O
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

Another lesson learned.  In moving from the larger to smaller
processor and trying to do it all in C, I found the limits early-on.

My problem was the stack placed in the middle of the last string.

I need to do more research, but, the SP is initialized at 3/4 the way
up SRAM.  This has to do with the avr5 model.

So, I need to write (another) memory.x.

How do I eliminate copying strings from flash to SRAM until I need
them?  And still keep copying other initialized variables?

Maybe if I create the string in .text with asm?  Then use ldm to fetch
bytes as needed.

tomdean