Re: [avr-gcc-list] Don't use gcc 3.4.4, use 4.0.1

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Don't use gcc 3.4.4, use 4.0.1
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:17:13 -0600

Gaƫl Rossignol wrote:

Where can I find avr-gcc 4.0.2 windows version if it hasen't been realeased
yet??

Please respond to the list and not just to me personally. Thanks.

Well, that's the joke: you can't. Unless, of course, you build it yourself.

The next WinAVR release will be built with GCC 3.4.4.

My best guess, right now, is that the release *after that* will probably start including GCC from the 4.0.x series. But I would still like some AVR specific bugs to be worked out in the 4.0.x series before including it. Again, this is just a guess.

Right now, the projected time frame for the next WinAVR release will be late August or early September. But this time frame can change without notice.

Eric