Re: [avr-gcc-list] Macro to read /write long to eeprom

From: Eivind Sivertsen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Macro to read /write long to eeprom
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:57:29 +0200

Hmm,
suppose he means that if they read out the data first, they can have it accessible while the write is being done. I.e, they dont have to wait for the write to complete before accessing the data...(?)

   Eivind

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

"Peter Bosscha" <address@hidden> wrote:

We have large structures in eeprom, parts of which are saved/updated
regularly. Doing a read before write saved us seconds in wait
time.

Curious, can you explain that effect?  Is there any reference in the
datasheet about that?