Re: [avr-gcc-list] Initilizing complex const arrays : syntax ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Initilizing complex const arrays : syntax ?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:12:37 +0200

> On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 16:54 -0500, David Kelly wrote:
> > ...I don't use printf() so I haven't used printf_P()
>
> But how do you do then ?

Well, now I think of it, there is at least one case where I won't be
able to use printf, well I think.
printf_P() is nice to printf my strings easily from program space, and
formatting integer numbers works well as far as I can see (just tested
it). However I am not gonna use floating points routines in my program,
as most of the engine parameters are simple unsigned integers, and only
a very few need to be displayed as floating point, like for example
manifold air pressure  / MAP, but still, the car's engine management
returns it as an 8 bit integer. So I will for example just need to
display the integer "154", put the decimal point where required to
display a nice "1.54" (Bar). But I don't suppose printf can place a
decimal point when formatting/displaying integer numbers ?
That would be too good to be true ? So I will have to write my own
little "lcd_print_float()" function I guess...

--
Vince