Re: [avr-gcc-list] OT Generic C question

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] OT Generic C question
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:05:02 -0500

On Sep 20, 2005, at 2:12 PM, Jeff Barlow wrote:

Internet email is gradually degrading due to lame software and
clueless users.

Yes, that is exactly why I wrote. To alert the clueless. Apparently the clueless cherish their cluelessness, but that was nothing new.

Yes, the "messages are still threaded." Gmail has nothing on anything here. The point is that the messages are in the *wrong* thread. Its purely to the advantage of the poster to break a new topic out of an old thread and start fresh.

Another advantage of proper threading is list archive search. Much more likely to find useful information when searching an archive which is properly threaded. Then again list archive searching is another lost art.