Re: [avr-gcc-list] Syntax : how to specifiy a binary constant ?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Syntax : how to specifiy a binary constant ?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:03:05 -0500

On Sep 22, 2005, at 7:26 PM, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

Hi Nayani,

Yes, I get a compiler error in both cases.

About foo = 0b1111000; or foo = 0B11110000; it says :

main.c:92:9: invalid suffix "b11110000" on integer constant

...and about foo = b11110000; it says:

main.c:92: error: `b11110000' undeclared (first use in this function)

We may make a FreeBSD user out of you yet.

Joerg included a/the patch for binary constants in the FreeBSD Ports version of avr-gcc, which he maintains.

If this long URL survives then it will download the patch. You are a Linux user so you have lots of practice applying patches, right? :-)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/devel/avr-gcc/ files/patch-binary-constants?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain

If the long URL doesn't work then start from this one, click on "files/", then "patch-binary-constants", and the "download" link on Revision 1.3.

Patch your avr-gcc and recompile/install.

In other words I'm also saying, "Stock gcc does not support binary constants."

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden