Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cont. Programming in eeprom in avrdude

From: Andy Warner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cont. Programming in eeprom in avrdude
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:51:42 -0500

Sumeet Pal Singh wrote:

>    Hi
>    I just wish to continue the question.
>    Sure the eeprom can be programmed using -U eeprom:w:<yourfilename>
>    option. but the file needs to be intel hex file or motorola M file.
>    To generate intel hex file the 1-byte checksum needs to be generated
>    after each line. This is the cause of all trouble. If I do generate a
>    hex file then even a minor change to it requires a lot of calculator
>    work. Does someone have a program which takesin hex values and can
>    generate hex files in easier(direct) way.

There are plenty of automated tools to create intel hex or srecord
utilities (objcopy, SRecord utilities etc), but you can
also tell avrdude to read a binary ("raw") file:

        -U eeprom:w:<filename>:r

Maybe one of these approaches would be simpler than hand
creating srecord or intel hex files.
--
address@hidden

Andy Warner             Voice: (612) 801-8549   Fax: (208) 575-5634