[avr-gcc-list] Cygwin NTFS hard links?

From: Mike Young
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin NTFS hard links?
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 20:10:00 -0600

Maybe not the best place to ask this, but... My periodic root-kit scan flags two files that I know are very likely hard linked via Cygwin as file system discrepancies. I'm not concerned; just curious as to how it's done. Actually, come to think of it, Cygwin itself must implement a filesystem layer to work with these hard links, which makes it a potential security hole. For now, though, I'm satisfied that the links are legit (arm-elf-c++.exe and arm-elf-gcc-3.40.0-macraigor1). How careful should I be about Cygwin installations?