Re: [avr-gcc-list] Fixed, external function "pointers"

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Fixed, external function "pointers"
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:58:23 -0800

Dave Hylands wrote:
One of the linker options is --just-symbols=filename which will import
the symbols from an objet file.

Hmm, I should have paid a bit more attention, you did say "obje[c]t file"... ;-)

OK, that works nicely, even for the variables holding callback pointers. Requires stuff on the linker line, but I guess there's really no way around that. I have a section for the application signature bytes, and I have to shove the start of appliation RAM up 8 bytes for the bootloader's non-volatile storage.

There's no chance that I can both shove RAM start up and force a section to a given address entirely from within a .c or .h file, is there? Pretty sure the answer is a solid NO, but worth asking...