Re: [avr-gcc-list] Hardware-Software Co-Simulation with the AVR in VHDL

From: Galen Seitz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Hardware-Software Co-Simulation with the AVR in VHDL
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:23:46 -0800

Mike S. <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply galen!
> But I need a ready to use software for AVR and VHDL Co-simulation!
> At the present I don't have the time to invest in a custom simulator!!
> I know an old software (I think), called QuickSim Pro (for Solaris)
> that was capable of board level simulation with VHDL models. The
> example was with an 8051. Does anyone know a software like this for
> Linux or Windows?

I guess I'm a bit confused about your needs.  Are you looking for something
that combines a VHDL simulator with something like GDB?  If so, what
are doing that requires that requires that level of sophistication?  I
was imagining you building your AVR software and then just dropping it
into the AVR model and running a board level VHDL simulation.

galen