Re: [avr-gcc-list] IR Remote control protocol

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] IR Remote control protocol
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:57:40 +1000

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 02:58:22PM +0530, Vigneshwaranj wrote:
> I am trying to do Infra red remote control. I am doing with software
> implementation of RC5 protocol. Is anybody already completed this. Can they
> help me.

Have you had a look at Atmel's application note AVR410? It briefly
describes receiver hardware, and includes a brief assembler listing.

AVR410: RC5 IR Remote Control Receiver Features
         Low-cost
         Compact Design, Only One External Component
         Requires Only One Controller Pin, Any AVR Device Can be Used
         Size-efficient Code

Then there's:

AVR415: RC5 IR Remote Control Transmitter Features
         Utilizes ATtiny28 Special HW Modulator and High Current Drive Pin
         Size Efficient Code, Leaves Room for Large User Code
         Low Power Consumption through Intensive Use of Sleep Modes
         Cost Effective through Few External Components

If you find anything good on avrfreaks, it would be interesting to hear
here, or (better still) on avr-chat. (I visited avrfreaks a few years
ago, but it had a lot of log-in nonsense, IIRC.)

Erik