Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC for ATmega2561

From: Khusro
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC for ATmega2561
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 21:24:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We are trying to build the avr-gcc using the patches for the ATmega256x.

We downloaded the patches from:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2006-05/msg00009.html.

We plan on using Peter Fleury's instructions to build for WindowsXP, see
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/peterfleury/avrgcc_410_windows.html.

We downloaded the following AVR toolchain:
     http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.16.1.tar.bz2
     http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.1.0/gcc-core-4.1.0.tar.bz2
     http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/gcc-4.1.0/gcc-g++-4.1.0.tar.bz2
     http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/avr-libc-1.4-3.tar.bz2

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/avr-libc-user-manual-1.4.3.tar.bz2

For binutils, we extracted the sources and tried the following:
patch -p0 < ../txtgzcFkXFaD5.txt

We get the following error:
  E:\avr_toolchain\binutils-2.16.1>patch -p0 < ../txtgzcFkXFaD5.txt
patching file `bfd/archures.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 275.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to bfd/archures.c.rejpatch: ****
can't rename `/c/tmp' to `bfd/archures.c.rej' : No such file or directory

I would appreciate any help on what I may be doing wrong. Btw, this is the
first build/patch we have had to do.

Regrads,
Khusro