Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC for ATmega2561

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC for ATmega2561
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 07:10:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Khusro <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would appreciate any help on what I may be doing wrong.

Björn's patches were taken against the most recent development
versions (straight out of their version control systems named
"subversion" or "SVN").  Look at the GCC and binutils project pages in
order to learn how to pick up the current state of development.

Second, this is naturally a "moving target shooting", so see Björn's
message you've been following up on, part of his patch was already
expected to fail.

> Btw, this is the first build/patch we have had to do.

Well, you are very ambituous to use this "mega patch" as your first
object to learn how to patch something.  If I were you, I'd have
started with something much smaller.  E. g. you could pick up my
suggested patch for the implementation of 0b binary constants from
GCC's bugzilla, and see whether you can successfully compile a
compiler that understands 0b0101101.