Re: [avr-gcc-list] Intrigueing Message

From: Abdul Malik Khan
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Intrigueing Message
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:12:51 +0500

I use AVR Studio and avr-gcc compiler, I also receive the same kind of message in all of my projects, one such line is given. The file name gets changed with each project (But it does not change within compilations).

Warning: file C:/DOCUME~1/EWEDDI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccaseaaa.s not found in symbol table, ignoring

--amk

On 7/17/06, Eric Weddington < address@hidden> wrote:
Ron wrote:
> An unexpected message started to appear at the end of a project compile
> a few days ago. I cannot remember exactly when it appeared, so cannot
> say what made it appear. It is completely harmless but I would be
> interested if someone has an explanation. The "EWEDDI" may be a clue.
>
> Warning: file C:/DOCUME~1/EWEDDI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/cc0ycaaa.s not found in
> symbol table, ignoring

Yeah, it's a good clue. But I'm still at a loss as to why you are
getting that warning message. I'm the creator of WinAVR, so I build it
on my machine. Hence "EWEDDI" stands for my name: Eric Weddington.

I'm sorry that you couldn't remember what the chain of events were that
led up to this warning message.

--
Eric Weddington