Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Removal of unused functions

From: Anatoly Sokolov
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Removal of unused functions
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:42:47 +0400

"Joerg Wunsch" <address@hidden> wrote in message news:<address@hidden>...

> Are there any other changes required?
>
> > link-time: (binutils ~2.10+)
>
> > Use KEEP(vectors) in the linker script if you call ld with
> > --gc-sections.
>
> Ah OK, that's the other thing I was curious about, and I see it's
> present in current binutils.  Can anyone tell whether it's already
> present in binutils-2.17?

Yes, It works in the binutils-2.17 for function.

Patch: http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2006-02/msg00366.html

LD:

In order to fix the --gc-sections bug I have added the required KEEP()
statements in the linker script for avr.
The contents of .data* , .rodata and .rodata* are now also linked into
the .data output section so that gcc could be used with the -fdata-sections
switch.

2006-02-28  Bjoern Haase  address@hidden
 * ld/scripttempl/avr.sc:
add *(.jumptables) *(.lowtext), add KEEP() directives
add *(.data*) *(.rodata) and *(.rodata*) and *(.bss*) to .data and .bss
output sections.

Anatoly.