Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-g++ and exceptions

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-g++ and exceptions
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:08:49 +0200 (MET DST)

Rolf Magnus <address@hidden> wrote:

> - the gcc-except-table is needed at runtime. Since it has its own
> section, it doesn't get copied to flash and then at runtime loaded
> to RAM, like the section .data does. I tried to find a way to do it,
> but it still doesn't work. I'm just not good enough with linker
> scripts and that stuff.

It needs to be placed between the __data_start and __data_end symbols
in the linker script for this to happen.

What's the exact name of the section?

> - the built-in setjmp/longjmp functions seem to be used instead of
> the ones provided by avr-libc. No idea if this is actually a
> problem.

That might be a problem.  Is there an option to override this?  As
with the memory allocation, I'd prefer the avr-libc versions of these
were used.  They have at least been tested a bit by the users in the
past, unlike whatever idea GCC itself might come up with.