Re: [avr-gcc-list] AT90CAN128 bootloader

From: Bruce D. Lightner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AT90CAN128 bootloader
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 09:20:44 -0800

Larry Barello wrote:
-->

I took Jason Kyle’s boot-loader and reworked it to fit in 512 words.  A version that should be relatively easy to modify for your needs can be found in the files section of Yahoogroups “avrrobotcontrol”  You will need to sign up for Yahoogroups to see it & download.  it is a stand-alone program using GCC.  You load it into the target chip and then use the old fashion STK500 protocol to communicate.  With a 16mhz crystal you won’t be able to use “STK500.exe” as that is fixed for 115.2kbaud and you can’t get that baud rate with a 16mhz crystal; use AvrDude, which works fine.

The specific loader is for a mega16, but many of the classic chips can be specified (look at the source) and new ones easily added.  For the mega128 the code is fixed for USART1, but again, easy to change.

Cheers!

Nice work!  Compiled with avr-gcc 3.4.6 it uses just 418 instructions out of 512 and it works with "avrdude"!

Yahoo groups is a bit of a "pain" that others may not have the patience for!  (Why do they need to know my sex, birthday and my mother's maiden name?).  I've posted a ZIP file here too...

  http://www.lightner.net/avr/bootstap/ARCbootloader.zip

Best regards,

Bruce

--