RE: [avr-gcc-list] AT90CAN128 bootloader

From: Trampas
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AT90CAN128 bootloader
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:20:35 -0500

Thanks to Larry and Bruce I have the bootloader source code, however I would like to integrate it into my main application. That is rather than flashing the micro with the bootloader and then loading the application I would like to combine the bootloader with my application.  I am still trying to figure out all the magic to make this happen, specifically I figure I need to:

#1 Use Bootloader section for all functions that are required for bootloader. Then put the –section-start bootloader commands in the linker arguments.

#2 Since I will assume that the bootloader’s entry function will not use the C initialization, hence it will not be the main function I assume that I will –e linker option to set it as the entry point?

The main question I have is that once I do this how do I tell the linker to place the appropriate address for crt_0, or whatever the C starting function, in address 0x000 for the micro.

Thanks

Trampas