Re: [avr-gcc-list] mac-avr

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] mac-avr
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:02:38 -0500

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 03:34:37PM -0600, Eric Weddington wrote:

If you are going to make a MacOS version of WinAVR then by golly you
should sync to sources and patches identical to what Eric uses. That
or use the FreeBSD avr port as your baseline. Joerg and Eric stay in
close sync, sometimes Joerg leads as the FreeBSD port is updated more
often than WinAVR.

Although, right now I have more patches (bug fixes) in WinAVR. I now
keep the patches I use in the WinAVR CVS.

Yes, 6 of one, half-dozen of the other. My point was that it would be
handiest to replicate all the bugs, features, and patches, of WinAVR.
Bugs are unknown features. Once documented a bug becomes a feature. :-)

There are at least two projects using the name MacAVR. Are you one
of those or another?

One goes by the name of OSXAVR and can be found on SourceForge
(project name: osxavr). I highly suggest that you (Steven) join forces
with that group instead of starting yet another project.

That's a 3rd. Yet another in Fink, http://www.finkproject.org/. The Fink version of avr-gcc is 3.4.5 in the unstable branch. Nothing particularly wrong with 3.4.5, but it does
suggest that the port isn't getting much attention.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden