[avr-gcc-list] ATmega16 PWM

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega16 PWM
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

I have been investigating PWM on the ATmega16, thinking of how to
produce a modulated output.

I have a spectrum I am trying to duplicate or at least understang.

This first attempt is to produce a PWM, 50% modulated at 600Hz.  Some
general PWM questions I have not answered include:

  What is the PWM frequency vs the modulation frequency?
  How many samples do I need of the modulation wave to produce
  a satisfactory PWM?

Does anyone understand this or have a URL for a good doc?

If anyone is interested, I can post my code and measurements to date.

tomdean