Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega16 PWM

From: Per-Tore Aasestrand
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega16 PWM
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:57:15 +0200

At 23:49 26.07.2007, you wrote:
As Per-Tore Aasestrand wrote:

> >OK, "highest modulation frequency" vs. "bandwidth".

> Exactly, and it could make a big difference. ;-)

While I can see the theoretical aspect of that, how would a
practical implementation look like?

I was just responding to the formulation of the theorem itself.

Say, I've got a PWM base
frequency of 10 kHz, and a modulation spectrum ranging from
9.5 to 10.5 kHz (so the bandwidth is 1 kHz), how would I
design the filter to extract my modulation signal?

Hmmm... Rather challenging since we are dealing with digital signals. Maybe someone on the list might have some suggestions?

(Btw., better subscribe to the list with the address you're using,
I always have to approve your postings manually.)

Aha, that explains the occasional long delays I've encountered. ;-)
Thanks for pointing it out. Hope it's better now.

Per-Tore

(--... ...--   -.. .   .-.. .- --... -. ---)

              \\|//
             /_"""_\
            |(O) (O)|
 --------oOOO--(_)--OOOo---------