Re: [avr-gcc-list] Atmel 2561 support

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Atmel 2561 support
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:01:34 -0300

Hello,

> 1. some of the patches to binutils-2.17/gas/config/tc-avr.c didn't work.
>  It looked like a line alignment problem.

You will get this if the "50-binutils-2.17-atmega256x.patch" is not applied
before "51-binutils-2.17-newdevices.patch". I ran into the same thing...

The error with executable code sounds familiar, my solution was just to start
the build process again from binutils (aka step 1). With freshly downloaded
releases, and with a clean installation directory. Most likely if the patches
went in on the wrong order this is the safest bet to do anyway.

I can't comment on GCC 4.1.2, I'm using 4.2.0 with success.... and am leaving
for a camping trip, so won't quite have computer access for a while
anyway ;-)

Warm Regards,

 -Colin O'Flynn