RE: [avr-gcc-list] Anyone used Atmel's 802.15.4 stack (or OpenMac) ?

From: steve childress
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Anyone used Atmel's 802.15.4 stack (or OpenMac) ?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:15:48 -0700

Having done a lot of 802.15.4 work with several vendors' products, if you
are just starting..., may I suggest that you not use ZigBee yet, must the
MAC. If you NEED meshing or multiple routers, then learn ZigBee.

Also, compare your application to the transmitter power: some are 1 or
2mWatt, others have a PA and go to 20mW 60mW or more. The max legal power
depends on your country's regulatory authority. 1mW radios have pretty
restrictive range.

MeshNetics is based in Moscow.

Applications such as various sensors are outside the scope of IEEE 802.15.4.
They may be standardized by ZigBee, but I suspect these profiles will remain
proprietary, or there will be just a small number, as is the case with
BlueTooth profiles atop the IEEE defined MAC and PHY for Bluetooth.