RE: [avr-gcc-list] GCC platform specific identification?

From: Schwichtenberg, Knut
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] GCC platform specific identification?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:23:12 +0200

Julius,

thanks for your reply. That's what I'm looking for. For the current
version of WinAVR the important results are:

$ ./avr-cpp -dM NUL | grep AVR
#define __AVR_2_BYTE_PC__ 1
#define __AVR_ARCH__ 2
#define __VERSION__ "4.1.2 (WinAVR 20070525)"
#define __AVR 1
#define AVR 1
#define __AVR__ 1

For my purpose this is okay, but as far as I thought the __xxx__ defines
should be only used/provided by the compiler and here the obvious "AVR"
is used which I thought is part of the "user name space". Is this as it
should be?

Cheers

Knut