Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC platform specific identification?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC platform specific identification?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:37:24 +0200 (MET DST)

"Schwichtenberg, Knut" <address@hidden> wrote:

> For my purpose this is okay, but as far as I thought the __xxx__
> defines should be only used/provided by the compiler and here the
> obvious "AVR" is used which I thought is part of the "user name
> space".

I think that AVR macro goes away with some of the options, probably at
least with -ansi.  Then only the implementation namespace macros will
remain.

Note that the preprocessor info pages contain documentation for the
predefined macros.  If you're on Unix, type "info cpp", then go to the
"Macros" and "Predefined Macros" nodes.  They are lacking exact
documentation on the system-specific (i.e. AVR-specific in our case)
macros, but you'll find documentation for them in the avr-libc docs.
If something is missing in the latter, please file a bug report.