Re: [avr-gcc-list] Opinions of AVR simulators

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Opinions of AVR simulators
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 08:24:16 +0200

Hi David,

try out the simulavrxx. It is especially designed for timing analysis. Special statistics for irq handlers are implemented and a lot more.

Correctness of code can be checked if you write your tescases around the simulation, this could be done in a lot of languages like c,c++ or tcl and other scripting languages.

Have fun!

Bye
 Klaus

What opionions do people have on the open AVR simulators?  The two that
I've found are Avrora and simulavr.  I'm trying to find out if its worth
the time to figure out how to get them working.  I'm mostly interested in
verifying the correctness and timing relationships of some multi-threaded
code.