RE: [avr-gcc-list] More results from the testsuite with avrtest

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] More results from the testsuite with avrtest
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:48:36 +0000

Quoting "Weddington, Eric" <address@hidden>:

Ok my latest build is squawking - I assume because my
binutils is out of
step.

../../../../gcc/libgcc/../gcc/config/avr/libgcc.S:283: Error: illegal
opcode mov
w for mcu avr3

To make this painless, can someone please point me at correct sources
for binutils - and assocated patch set (one that works with
sources even
:-P )

Binutils 2.18.

Patch set from WinAVR project's CVS on SourceForge (under "patches"
module):
<http://winavr.cvs.sourceforge.net/winavr/>
Note the README file under that module. Look under binutils/2.18
subdirectory. The patch filenames are numbered at the beginning, in
categories (README file explains this). Patch in that order. You don't
have to do the 0x patches (WinAVR specific), or the 1x patches (MinGW
host specific, unless you're buildling for that host).

FWIW, I've been running my tests with binutils just plain 2.18.

After reading this I decided to try and apply the patches, but at least for the execute.exp test it didn't make a difference in the results.

--
Paulo Marques