[avr-gcc-list] Re: Small bug in avrtest

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Small bug in avrtest
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:04:13 +0000

Wouter van Gulik wrote:
Hi list/Paulo,

Hi, Wouter

I just wanted to let you know before someone else also spends an evening searching this bug :D

Sorry about that :(

The file is opened with the "rt" option. I don't know what it's supposed to do, but it makes my Mingw Windows compiled version open files only half or so. Leading to illegal "pc out of bounds" errors.

I changed it to "rb" and all was good.

I really can't explain why I wrote "rt" instead of the obviously correct "rb". Since Linux makes no distinction (there are no LF / CRLF conversions or other oddities), I didn't realize there was a bug there.

Thanks for catching this,

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

"God is love. Love is blind. Ray Charles is blind. Ray Charles is God."