Re: [avr-gcc-list] [FIX] _clz and friends not found (test builtin-bitops

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [FIX] _clz and friends not found (test builtin-bitops-1)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:34:07 +0000

Wouter van Gulik wrote:
Hi list,

Hi, Wouter

I have been planning this fix of __clz a long time. I wanted to test it against gcc testsuite which required fixing all of missing functions. So I did the missing functions as well!

Nice job :)

It will now pass the earlier failed testcase "builtin-bitops-1". There is one small catch, you need to have avr-libc (see makefile) since avr-libc has a __ffsi implementation.

Ok.

I tested the clzsi2 against all 4.2 billion cases :P It would have saved me a half a day if avrtest was twice as fast :). I tested the rest against the test case.

Great. Finally I have a good excuse to tweak the performance of avrtest ;)

The whole file could also be optimized for size because loop functions end with the same 3 instruction. Is such a trick allowed within the library?

I don't know, but I wouldn't worry too much about 6 words of flash.

The assembler is written so it should just be a copy paste into libgcc.s in the avr tree of gcc, excluding the macro for movw. Then the "ADEFS" list should be added to the list in the t-avr file and gcc rebuild. Could anyone (Adrew, Paulo, Dmitry?) with a testsuite confirm this fix?

I'll try to follow these instructions and test it tonight. Thanks,

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

"The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely
 improbable lacks."
Douglas Adams