[avr-gcc-list] Stdio and Atmega256X

From: Sven Schlender
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Stdio and Atmega256X
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:13:47 +0100

Hi,

I use printf() and redirect the output to the serial line. I have done it in
my code like suggested in avr-libc.
The problem is, that the function which puts the characters on RS232 is
located in the bootloader (Word-Address 0x1F000).
The application which uses the printf is located in the application section
(Word-Adress 0x00000). In the __file structure of stdio is only a 16-Bit
datatype for saving the function pointers for put and get functions. So if I
call printf() in application the AVR jumps to the Black Forest.

Do somebody has an idea how to fix this without patching the avr-libc?

Best regards, Sven.