RE: [avr-gcc-list] Avr-gcc Produces Incorrect Code with -Os

From: Stu Bell
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Avr-gcc Produces Incorrect Code with -Os
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:30:53 -0600

> The PORTA bits are used for hardware control.  I want to use the
atan2(), etc. calls as pulse stretching.

Then I recommend using the calls in <util/delay.h> to get exact delays
instead of monkeying around with floating point routine calls.  They'll
be a lot more exact as well as being a boatlad smaller!

Best regards,

Stu Bell
DataPlay (DPHI, Inc.)

In my case, I want to allow interrupts, just want to keep the statement
ordering in the code segment.

The PORTA bits are used for hardware control.  I want to use the
atan2(), etc. calls as pulse stretching.

Making the resultant variable volatile works.

tomdean