Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avr-gcc Produces Incorrect Code with -Os

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avr-gcc Produces Incorrect Code with -Os
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:40:09 -0700

Mark Litwack wrote:
On Friday 16 May 2008 04:00:17 pm Dave N6NZ wrote:
[...]

I could see including both clobbering and non-clobbering flavors of
sei()/cli() in avrlibc -- then we can have a whole new and entertaining
argument about whether the old names sei()/cli() should have the new or
old behavior :)  :)

We already get clobbering versions of sei()/cli() locks
inside ATOMIC_BLOCK() and friends.  Won't that do it instead
of new versions of sei()/cli() (or whatever name)?

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Maybe we should capture the essence of this e-mail thread and include it in the avr-libc documentation so that the difference between the two is clear. After all, every once in a while somebody *does* read the documentation :)

-dave

-mark