Re: [avr-gcc-list] cbr and negative numbers

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] cbr and negative numbers
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:20:50 +0200

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 16:01, you wrote:

> [...]

Me too. I assume you will replace it by true eight bit arithmetic?

Since we don't live in an ideal world we have to stick with mint8
for a while. If you care to complete reading my original post
you will see that this has nothing to with the usual complaints
about mint8, most of which i am aware of. The problem i am pointing
out can (easily) be solved by letting gcc emit only positive/hexadecimal
operands or by a minimal change in the way the cbr instruction
calculates its operand: (0xFF-x) -> (0xFF - (x & 0xFF)).
If you do not care to read it to the end, well, in any case it is known
from know on, that you cannot use the cbr instruction reliably with mint8.

Cheers
Ruud.