Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to force GCC to not to remove "nop" statements?

From: Jim Brain
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to force GCC to not to remove "nop" statements?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:47:04 -0600

David Kelly wrote:
Related to another thread: as to why *not* to use an 8051:
Doesn't have avr-gcc.
So true. Althought it's pointless to add to the recent Freaks "AVR vs PIC" thread, this is one of the most significant reasons why I prefer the AVR line. They are inexpensive, the programmers can be very inexpensive, and the C toolchain is easily within reach of the hobbyist.

I have $40.00 in PICs and a nice programmer sitting usb programmer for them I have never used. I just can't find the value in jumping back to ASM to make use of them.

Jim