RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr-ld on Windows crashes with -relax

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr-ld on Windows crashes with -relax
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:14:12 -0700

That's weird. Looking in the ld user manual I see that -O only matters to ld if
the value is non-zero. So there's no point in doing -O9. Plus if you have your
optimization flag that you are using for the compile command line, just use the
same flag on the link command line. Also -relax is not listed in the ld user
manual, it should be --relax, with two dashes.

If the problem still exists after changing those (and I think it probably will
be), then the problem is not necessarily in your makefile, but something in
your application that is triggering it. Does ld provide any kind of error
output when it "dies"? If so, can you post it?