Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: sprintf

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: sprintf
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:06:44 +0100

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:50:57 -0500
David VanHorn <address@hidden> wrote:

> As was earlier, and more gently pointed out by Dave, Sprintf was pretty
> wasteful.
> It worked though, and that's what the programmers here suggested I use.
> They are "big iron" guys, so less sensitive to the costs.
> Also, given that I had plenty of code space and cycles, the use of sprintf
> was "good enough", in that it allowed me to demonstrate the system, and show
> live data from my sensors.
>
> Dropping the data into the array is unarguably more efficient, and I shall
> use that approach in the future.
>
> I will admit to being ignorant in C, but I'm not stupid.  :)

Hey take it easy, I hardly meant to offend ! I was not "judging" your
skills whatsoever (I am beginner too, I also used printf in my
first days of programming...and gave up on it on the same day, as soon
as I timed it with my oscilloscope and my eyes poped out when they saw
how long it took to run and how much KB it "stole" from my tight
Mega32 !). I was really only showing my appreciation of David Brown's
humour, nothing more, not at all laughing at the specific target/object
of this humour, honest !

--
Vince