[avr-gcc-list] Re: How to force GCC to not to remove "nop" statements ?

From: Gene Smith
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: How to force GCC to not to remove "nop" statements ?
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 19:34:35 -0500

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:14:40 -0700
"Weddington, Eric" <address@hidden> wrote:

If you are using WinAVR 20081205 then you can use one of the new builtin
functions:
void __builtin_avr_delay_cycles(unsigned long __n);

Hmm, sweet !
"Unfortunately" I am on Linux so no WinAVR for me ! ;-)

Beginner question: If I build the avr-gcc-4.3.2 toolchain on linux using all the WinAVR (sourceforge) patches, as seems to be done in the femtoos scripts mention on "freaks", will I have the same features (such as function mentioned above) on linux as winavr provides on windows? Will (or can) they produce identical binaries?
-gene