Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Can avr-gdb + avarice work perfectly ?

From: Sean D'Epagnier
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Can avr-gdb + avarice work perfectly ?
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:49:50 -0700

The reason is there are limited number of hardware breakpoints, and
software breakpoints normally can only be used when executing out of
ram.

So for example, gdb requires 1 hardware breakpoint to implement single
stepping, so if you only have 2 total hardware breakpoints, you can
only set 1 in the debugger.

But.. there are probably other actual bugs you are encountering.

I usually compile my code to run on multiple platforms, so I don't
really ever need to debug on the avr.

Sean