[avr-gcc-list] Re: Can avr-gdb + avarice work perfectly ?

From: Gene Smith
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Can avr-gdb + avarice work perfectly ?
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 18:43:53 -0500

Tristan Gingold wrote:

On Feb 8, 2009, at 3:09 PM, Lin Nan wrote:

Hello, everyone.

I have been working on a project for AVR ATmega128 for quite a long time
and I found it hard to debug programs with avr-gdb and avarice. For
example, I can not use command 'n' to step over a line of code, since
avr-gdb always step into it.

Yes this is a know issue.
We (=AdaCore) have a patch to fix it and we plan to submit it within a few weeks.

Tristan.

I have a similar problem with ARM. But only if I set more than one breakpoint. If I have zero or one breakpoint only then can I step over functions; otherwise, always steps into them.

Curious what gets patched. GDB? GCC? All the above?

-gene