[avr-gcc-list] Re: build srecord under mingw

From: Gene Smith
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: build srecord under mingw
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:04:23 -0400

Weddington, Eric wrote:
Srecord, part of winarv, seems to be built under mingw. I can build the latest version of srecord (with a few mods) under linux but in mingw I also need the "boost" library which does not seem to be a part of mingw packages and I don't see it in winavr installed files (I don't think). How is this done in the winarvr build?

It isn't done. WinAVR ships with SRecord 1.38 because that is the last version
that did not require the Boost libraries. Like you, I did not see a Boost
package for MinGW.

I was able to build a cygwin1.dll independent version of latest pre-release srecord using the cygwin boost packages and using the -mno-cygwin g++ option as suggested in Peter Miller's srecord release BUILDING file. Can do srec_cat -version with the cygwin1.dll(s) removed so I think it is right. Had to rm the dll from cygwin and winavr since they were both in my path.

Peter Miller has put some new features in the latest pre-release of 1.47 that I need, specifically fletcher checksums. He has also added adler. Before it only had sum of bytes/words and crc.

-gene
P/S: the boost stuff seems pretty huge even in cygwin pkg form. Must be really great thing! :)