[avr-gcc-list] Re: [patch,avr-gcc] optimizing mov SI/SF

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [patch,avr-gcc] optimizing mov SI/SF
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:05:15 +0100

Weddington, Eric schrieb:
Hi Georg-Johann,

What is the status of your FSF Copyright Assignment? For us to
eventually incorporate your work, we would need to be able to commit
it to GCC, which requires the copyright assignment.

Hi Eric,

D. Robertson from FSF wrote that he "will send me the papers". That was end of january. The papers didn't arrive yet. As you said, FSF assignments take a lot of time so I didn't wonder about that or ask Robertson about it in order not to delay matters.

I don't know how long the snail will need to make its way from boston to good old germany...and back again.

As far as the patches are concerned, I must admit that it's hard to keep track of the "big picture". The patches are all on trunk, so it's not possible to build one patch on top of an other, e.g. some stuff atop the builtins or the adjust_insn_len (if that will ever make it into avr).

Is it possible to branch avr backend? There is no work on avr trunk except some bug fixes in this stage, so a merge will be easy. But it would be easier to track the actual work on avr backend, and it would be easier to test nightly builds.

Georg-Johann