[avr-gcc-list] [Fwd: Re: Strings in ROM]

From: Robert von Knobloch
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] [Fwd: Re: Strings in ROM]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:46:46 +0100

Jörg wrote:
The correct way would be to use two different (input) linker sections,
like .test1.text and .test1.data, and combine these into a single output
section in the linker script (as Eric already suggested). That way, you
could also place the required ALIGN(2) directive after placing the
.test1.data part (see the default linker script, and how it handles
.progmem). (Btw., Robert, please reply to an existing message rather
than starting a new thread for each followup.)
-- cheers, J"org .-.-. --... ...-- -.. . DL8DTL

Thanks Eric & Jörg,

I see that I will require some time, but a linker script is the right
thing (I never had need to play with the linker before, so a learning
curve is required to get used to the syntax).
Btw. I didn't mean to start new threads but as I only got the mails via
the digest, replying is hard. I thought I had copied the subject
verbatim, but  it seems not from your comment. Have never used threads
myself, so didn't notice.

Robert