Re: [avr-gcc-list] zero length array in nocommon

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] zero length array in nocommon
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 06:20:02 +0200 (MET DST)

Ruud Vlaming <address@hidden> wrote:

>> No idea why the behaviour changes, but as a note of warning: a
>> zero-length array is not allowed by the C standard.

> Well, mayby not in ISO C, but certainly in GNU C:

I know, but I've only used it as a flexible array member in the past,
where I'd prefer the C99 way now.

In your case, I'd revert the code to the portable #ifdef.

Anyway, you're right, as long as GCC claims support for it, it ought
to work, so you might consider filing a bug report (unless there's
already one).