RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: optimizer removes volatile pin access code.why?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: optimizer removes volatile pin access code.why?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:45:41 -0700

To be a bit more specific (now that I've had a bit more caffiene): Adding a
feature (a warning) is always easier than trying to change the semantics of an
existing feature (always_inline). Changing semantics seems to incur a bit more
debate and risks earlier rejection. But I agree that it's not impossible.