[avr-gcc-list] a symbol for end of program memory used?

From: Paul Stoffregen
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] a symbol for end of program memory used?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:07:18 -0700

I'm working on a program which attempts to use all of the un-allocated flash memory for data storage. Writes are done by calling hooks in a bootloader.

So far, I'm using "__data_load_end" to know where the unused flash memory begins. Is that the best way? Does the linker provide any special symbols or other way I can get the end of allocated flash memory as a constant which I can use in my program?

Thanks,

-Paul