RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Studio lacks ability to displayout-of-scopevariab

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Studio lacks ability to displayout-of-scopevariables? (was: Frame pointer location)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 12:32:21 -0600

But it works, and decently.

> e.g. avr-as' support of --gdwarf-2 is
> disfunctional,

I need to check... I thought that that might be fixed now. But I can't remember
if that's upstream, or in a patch.

> and AVR-GDB cannot usefully handle DWARF-2 at all.

That's a completely separate issue. I just want to be sure, right now, if the
required debug information is being generated in the ELF file for *any*
debugger to take advantage of.

Thanks,
Eric