RE: [avr-gcc-list] make failing: /usr/bin/sh: PrinterHost.lss: No suchfi

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] make failing: /usr/bin/sh: PrinterHost.lss: No suchfile or directory
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:27:31 -0600

Not sure on this one. I would have suspected that the .elf file was not created
(i.e. the compile/link failed), and hence could not create the .lss file.

> I'm also receiving some warnings about incompatible pointer types:
>
> PrinterHost.c:167: warning: initialization from incompatible
> pointer type
>
> This warning has to do with a ram array holding pointers to
> two dimensional arrays in PROGMEM (who knows _what_ I was
> thinking to try to make this work 8-)

Stuff like that can work. However, we need to see the offending line (and
relevant code to that line) in order to help you with the warning. With a
warning like that, you most likely just need to have the appropriate typecast
on your initialization value.

> I've had some other strange post-compile errors when things
> weren't just right in PROGMEM pointers, so I'm thinking this
> may be the problem (but I could very well be wrong)

You would have to post the code with the error output.

> Another strange symptom is that "make clean" doesn't delete
> the .o/.lst/.lss/.hex/.elf files in the project directory. So
> another possible scenario I'm wondering about is that somehow
> windoze is confused by the mixed case names that are resident
> in the unix file store behind the virtualbox emulation.

Mmm. Could be. We would need to know your file layout and the makefile snippet
for cleaning.

Overall, you have to give us more information in order to help.