Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: an idea: adding serial sram to avr to extend heap

From: Raymond Moore
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: an idea: adding serial sram to avr to extend heap storage
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:08:57 -0500

Matt,

We have worked with that option for many projects already.  Again, to
get the program space needed for some of the projects we need to go
with a surface mount chip such as the atmega128.  Currently our chip
of choice is the atmega1284p which gives us plenty of both flash and
sram in a 40pin dip package.  As for specific requirements, there are
none yet.  This whole idea is just that, an idea, that started
percolating around in my head as I was reading through the python on a
chip project today and I thought this would be a good place to get
some hints on how feasible it might be and/or where to start digging
to work on it myself.

Thanks,
Ray