[avr-gcc-list] winavr for win 7 32/64bit

From: Rick Drolet
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] winavr for win 7 32/64bit
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:46:21 -0800

All,

I am trying to set up a new Win 7/64 machine with Atmel Studio 4.18 and WinAVR-200110 using Admin installation.

During the install I see a message Could not find DllRegisterServer but install completes and the command line 'avr-gcc --version' indicates success.
When loading Studio 4 the messages: gcc plug-in: No AVR Toolchain installation found and Loaded plugin AVR GCC are displayed.

Looking at the Registry I find that none of the WinAVR keys are present:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Free Software Foundation\WinAVR-{VERSION}\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WinAVR

and the path has not been not been updated. Also the file DllRegisterServer can not be located manually on the c drive.

Note: A similar install on XP as Win32 is fine.

Has anyone ran into this situation and solved this problem?

If so, I could use some help here.

Thanks